The WorkScene section consists of a variety of case studies or profiles involving charities, community groups, voluntary bodies as they go about their business. The idea is to illustrate issues in running an organisation through real life examples, allowing you to get some feel for what can seem to be abstract ideas.
- Profiles on the web Other web sites with relevant pages.
- e-learning at Oxfam How technology is aiding training internationally.
- Democratic Children's Services? An alternative to charity registration.
- Marie Curie streamline systems Improving accounting processes.
- Taking membership online A web site is for more than just fundraising at NES.
- Due payments processing System installation at UCATT.
- Converting is the business Open University needed a strong system to manage its large number of past students.
- News and Events.
- Information Sources Support bodies, magazines, local and regional.
- Management, Admin and Finance including Tax, Legal, Governance, Registration.
- People Matter Employment, payroll, training, volunteer and people management.
- Services - suppliers and service providers who have voluntary sector leanings.
- Software and Technology Membership, finance and other specialist software; TechTips; Web.
- Taking Action Lobbying, media, research, for the organisation and personally.
- Areas of Concern Links to organisations active on various issues.
- Reviews of books and other publications; resource round-ups for particular areas.
- Sample documents and checklists.
- Work Opportunities Our job and volunteering vacancy pages.