Follow the trail
Find the right VolResource page via the descriptions given here.
Links to VolResource pages covering:
- Personnel issues.
- Volunteers, members, trustees.
- Training and Events. Short course providers, professional development, resources.
More details on the other section index pages (as per menu on the left) are below.
Employing staff Terms and conditions, unions.
Pay and expenses Payroll issues including tax, pensions.
Managing People - Teams, Training, Development, Supervision, Job design, Learning Organisations etc.
People Management Resources including Equal Opportunities.
Self Management Some thoughts on this tricky subject. Stress, managing your manager.
Time Management In association with Open University Business School.
Volunteering Finding and managing volunteers - contacts and some issues.
Trustees, members Trustee training, advice and recruitment; member meetings, code of conduct.
Training Course providers. Short courses specifically created for voluntary organisations.
Professional Development. NVQs and sources of further education courses.
Professional Qualifications. Certificates, degrees etc from universities/HE.
- News and Events on VoluntaryNews.
- Information Sources Support bodies, magazines, local and regional.
- Management, Admin and Finance including Tax, Legal, Governance, Registration.
- Services - suppliers and service providers who have voluntary sector leanings.
- Software and Technology Membership, finance and other specialist software; TechTips; Web.
- Taking Action Lobbying, media, research, for the organisation and personally.
- Areas of Concern Links to organisations active on various issues.
- Work Opportunities Paid and volunteer vacancies, specialist agencies, web sites.
- Resource round-ups for particular job functions.
- Reviews of books and other publications.
- WorkScene: case studies.
- Sample documents and checklists.