Follow the trail
Find the right VolResource page via the descriptions given here.
Links to VolResource pages covering:
More details on the section index pages (as per menu on the left) are below.
Getting Your Message Across /Dealing with the Media
- briefing on communicating, making contacts.
- listings of press guides, agencies, PR, alternative news.
Marketing A few tips.
Lobbying Contact web sites for government (local, national, regional, european), political parties.
Web in Practice Examples of voluntary organisations using the internet to raise funds or engage with the public or target audience.
Information Society For those concerned about access for all, Privacy issues.
Running an Event Where to start, practicalities and regulations.
Event Services: Organisers and Venues.
A viewpoint on campaigning.
Regulators, Complaints, Audit bodies overseeing Government, Not-for-profit, Utilities, Industry, Media.
Planning and Evaluation Do you know whether you are working on the right issues, effectively?
Starting Up - a checklist. Perhaps you need to set up a new organisation to really make a difference.
Environmental and Social Impact Taking action to address your organisation's wider responsibilities.
Ethical Investment The issues and contacts.
Taking Action Personally - Be an active citizen, use resources wisely, global concerns.
Areas of Concern section for organisations active on a wide range of issues.
Sector Glossary What the jargon means - please suggest more entries!
- News and Events on VoluntaryNews.
- Information Sources Support bodies, magazines, local and regional.
- Management, Admin and Finance including Tax, Legal, Governance, Registration.
- People Matter Employment, payroll, training, volunteer and people management.
- Services - suppliers and service providers who have voluntary sector leanings.
- Software and Technology Membership, finance and other specialist software; TechTips; Web.
- Areas of Concern Links to organisations active on various issues.
- Work Opportunities Paid and volunteer vacancies, specialist agencies, web sites.
- Resource round-ups for particular job functions.
- Reviews of books and other publications.
- WorkScene: case studies.
- Sample documents and checklists.