Areas of Concern
HOUSING, PLANNING, REGENERATION
Areas of Concern home page to go back and find a different category. This page created Nov 04, from categories on other sections.
Apologies for the crude categories - anything more sophisticated would need more complex software and longer downloads! If you can't find it here, an organisation may be referenced on another page. Use our links header, or try the search engines.
- Advisory Service for Squatters (link problem Jan. 2013); Squatters Action for Secure Homes (Squash)
- Big Issue in the North.
- Crisis "helping solitary homeless people fulfil their potential and transform their lives."
- Empty Homes Agency Hotline 0870 901 6303. Monitors and informs relevant authorities about empty homes, campaigns to bring them back into use.
- Empty Homes Network - supporting the people who bring empty property back into use.
- Foyer Federation Foyers help over 10,000 young people every year to escape the "no home, no job, no home" cycle.
- Homeless Pages London focus, but its many links to relevant publications, sites etc apply widely.
- Homeless Link is the membership body for more than 700 agencies working with homeless people in England and Wales.
- Housing Rights Information specifically aimed at answering housing rights queries for new migrants.
- Scottish Council for Single Homeless.
- SHP provides accommodation and support services to Londoners who need support to live independently and inclusively in the community.
- Almshouses Association Provides advice and support to its membership of 1,750 almshouse charities.
- Communities Scotland oversees housing management and homelessness functions of Scottish local authorities and registered social landlords, alongside neighbourhood regeneration.
- Confederation of Co-operative Housing.
- Cymorth Cymru Voice of supported housing in Wales.
- Employers in Voluntary Housing.
- Erosh National Consortium for Sheltered Housing.
- The Glass House offers design courses, advice and support to tenants, residents and professionals working in neighbourhoods undergoing change and renewal.
- Homes and Communities Agency funds housing associations (Registered Social Landlords).
- Housing Rights Service Northern Ireland advice, training and information.
- Inside Housing The magazine for professionals, with much of the news and features available online.
- National Federation of Tenant Management Organisations (NFTMO).
- National Housing Federation The organisation for Registered Social Landlords. 175 Grays Inn Road, London, WC1X 8UP, phone 020 7278 6571, email: email@example.com
- Self-Help Housing
- National Tenants Resource Centre is based at Trafford Hall.
- SITRA Advice, info, training, consultancy for the supported housing sector.
- Tenants’ and Residents’ Organisations of England (TAROE).
- Tenant Participation Advisory Service for England - TPAS.
See Arts and Heritage for Historic Buildings.
- Civic Voice is the replacement for the Civic Trust national body.
- Heritage Alliance (was Heritage Link) - umbrella group for the heritage sector.
- Human City Institute A consortium of organisations sharing the vision of turning 'the human city' into reality.
- Online Planning Aid "independent professional guidance and advice on Town Planning and related issues".
- Planning Portal is the governmental source of info.
- Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Sapling.info - Architecture, Planning & Landscape INformation Gateway.
- Town and Country Planning Association.
- UKPlanning for planning services around the UK.
- Urban Forum - 'an umbrella body for community and voluntary groups with interests in urban and regional policy, especially regeneration'.
- Women's Design Service 'Wide range of information and resources relating to the urban environment.'
- British Urban Regeneration Association closed down Sep 2010.
- Business in the Community has various Regeneration partnerships.
- Development Trusts Association, the community-based regeneration network, now part of Locality.
- Faith-based Regeneration Network.
- Prince's Regeneration Trust.
- Regeneration-UK 'the regeneration information portal'.
- Scottish Urban Regeneration Forum#.